Who we are
Our website addresses are: http://www.jra-training.co.uk and http://www.jra-first-aid-training.co.uk
Data Collection in Respect of the Websites
Our websites have no counters, analytics software, or trackers of any kind operated by JRA Training and Consulting.
JRA Training and Consulting makes no attempt whatsoever to collect any data on who is visiting our sites, with the exception that we employ a ‘Facebook Pixel’ so as to better enable us to target our online marketing.
Embedded content from other websites
Items on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Data Collection in Respect of Customers, Enquirers, Mailing List, and Course Participants
We only retain data when it is necessary to do so for the following purposes:
- To communicate with those who have consented to marketing and other communications
- To properly administer our courses and serve those attending them
- To properly process certificates and maintain records in accordance with HSE/ ISQ/ Awarding organisation requirements
- To maintain an effective system of evaluation and internal monitoring of the quality of our products
- To maintain effective relationships with partner organisations
- To provide reminders to participants, where requested, in respect of qualifications that are about to lapse
We use Jotform to manage the forms on our website, and all submitted content is held in their secure systems until we can deal with it as appropriate, detailed below.
We keep records on course participants so that we know who is coming to our courses, and so that we can administer payments, process certificates and accreditation and address any special requirements which participants might have.
This includes names, contact details, details of previous qualifications, details of any specific requirements, and other relevant details.
We prefer payments to be made online, in which case we use a third party secure payment system (PayPal) which means that we do not store payment details. Indeed there are no payment scenarios in which we have access to credit card details and so on.
Following the completion of courses, we maintain data if it is necessary to:
- Comply with HSE/ IQA/ Awarding Organisation requirements
- Pursue outstanding payments
- Send marketing communications, following appropriate consent
- Send reminders of the expiry of qualifications, following appropriate consent
- Maintain ongoing clients relationships with the consent of those clients
In all cases, data is maintained as long as it is needed.
Where there is no other reason to retain data, we maintain details of students for the duration of the validity of their certificates in the case of HSE/ Ofsted specified First Aid awards.
In all other cases, we retain student data for one year following the completion of their courses. This is in case our IQA or awarding organisations request details of individual users in the course of their quality control protocols, or in case learners request duplicates certificates or other proof that they have completed the course, which does happen from time to time.
Data is stored using Google Drive, but further encrypted using a third part protocol. This protocol uses AED-256 zero-knowledge encryption. This means that there is a strong encryption protocol which only we have access to, and that there is adequate data backup.